Missing champions added Jan. 27, 2013, 2:18 p.m. - Tyrant
I've added the following missing champions:
Sorry for the long delay, I'll look into a way to make that happen faster next time.
Elise & Brazil Nov. 1, 2012, 12:21 a.m. - Tyrant
Welcome to our friends from Brazil! You can now select Brazil as a region for your log.
Also, I've added Elise.
Have fun, Tyrant
Champions Updated Oct. 5, 2012, 1:05 p.m. - Tyrant
I've just added the missing new champions (Syndra & Kha'Zix) and updated the Champion pictures for Lux and Soraka.
I hope you all are enjoying the Season 2 World Championship games so far! If any of you happen to live in Austria, check this out: Publeague in Graz
EloLog v0.4 Aug. 9, 2012, 10:04 p.m. - Tyrant
edit: No update without a major bug. You can write entries and click stuff again, now. Sorry! ;)
EloLog has been updated to version 0.4 and here is what has changed:
You now can follow public logs you enjoy reading. Following a log makes it appear on your front page for easy and fast access, also indicating if there were new posts since you last read it.
As a writer, you can see how many people are following your log. The top five (most followers) will be displayed in a seperate list on the public logs page.
To get people to follow your log, you can now add a short, optional description to it. Write down what role you prefer to play, what you try to accomplish, write about your team and so on.
Deletion/Ignoring of unwanted fields
There have been complaints that some fields had to filled in order to save an entry without errors. With this update, you can chose which fields you want to ignore explictly. When you edit an entry, ignoring a field will delete its value and therefore leaving it blank.
- Field names can now contain unicode characters
The Ad Situation
As google has denied my request for Adsense support, I have installed two donate buttons on the top. One uses flattr.com and the other one PayPal. If you like EloLog, it would be cool if you could donate, I will use the money to pay for the server.
Thanks for using EloLog,
Small update July 28, 2012, 6:40 p.m. - Tyrant
I have removed the ads as Google did not want me to have them ;)
Instead, I have installed a flattr-Button (you can see it in the menu bar) where you can make easy one-click donations to me. Everything you donate will be used to pay for the server so I can keep this running.
So if you like EloLog, please click above. Thank you!
Also, I just added Zyra.
edit: Added Diana.
EloLog v0.3 July 10, 2012, 1:23 p.m. - Tyrant
EloLog has been updated to version 0.3 and here is what has changed:
You can now freely choose how your log should look like by extending it with a number of convenient fields. Here are some examples:
- KDA: Store your game score
- URL: Provide a link to a replay or any other site
- Date: Specify when the game started
- ... and many more
When creating a new Log, you can choose to use a preset which will automatically add some fields, you can start with no fields at all or you can copy the fields from a different Log of yours.
Time zones & more
EloLog is fully aware of time zones now. Open your settings (click the button on the top right), change your time zone and how EloLog should format dates. Do not forget to do this!
Public logs are sorted by activity now, so don't miss updates of your favorite log!
Some minor bug fixes:
- Activation of accounts works again
- Exporting of Logs with non-ascii characters in their title works
- Some interface and usability fixes
- Fixed crash caused by wrong data in DateField
- Fixed display of special HTML characters (<, >, &, etc.) in TextFields
- Added missing pagination to log lists
I am providing EloLog as a free service, and I want to keep it that way. But to help me pay for the server I have decided to show some ads using Google AdSense. They should fit in quite well with the current design.
I'd like to ask you for a small favor: Please disable your ad blockers on elolog.net. Just add an exception, it takes 10 seconds and really helps me a lot.
For the next updates, I will work on some social features and, of course, the graphs.
As usual, post your feedback/criticism/bugs as a comment!
Thanks for using EloLog,
Beta test is running July 5, 2012, 11:19 p.m. - Tyrant
Thanks for your countless mails, I've enough testers for now, some bugs and flaws were discovered already.
I'll fix those as fast as possible so that everyone can enjoy the new update.
Update 0.3 Preview June 14, 2012, 3:47 a.m. - Tyrant
The next update is coming closer, below is a small preview of the custom fields feature:
You can see six custom fields (yes, six), as every field is a custom one. Theoretically, you could have a log that consists of no field at all and just specify the outcome of a game, if you are very lazy.
On the other hand, you will be able to add up to ten fields of different types like champions, numbers, texts or links and more for every log you create.
Additionally, you are able to select which of the fields you want to see on the main log view, the rest of them can then be viewed in a separate detailed overview.
This finally enables you to write your logs the way you want to:
- Playing normal games? Remove the Elo field.
- Playing with a buddy or want to show who you played against? Add a second champion field.
- Want to keep track of when you played? Add a date field.
- Want to split your analysis in early-, mid- and lategame? Add three text fields.
Rejoice, fellow summoners!
Visit #elolog on Quakenet! June 3, 2012, 3:22 p.m. - Tyrant
I've created a channel for EloLog on Quakenet, come by and hang out! I will answer your questions, you can give me feedback or just have a friendly chat with other players.
/join #elolog now!
Update 0.2 has arrived! June 1, 2012, 6:02 p.m. - Tyrant
Dear Elolog users!
I've just uploaded the newest update, bringing the following changes:
EloLog can now be reached using elolog.net, so update your bookmarks! I will leave the old domain working for a week, then turn it off.
I got rid of the old login-style frontpage and put up a better, more informative version. Hope you enjoy it!
Public log lists
If you want, you can now show your public logs in a list on the site so that other people can read your notes. Check out your log settings to enable this feature!
New regions added
I've added the remaining LoL regions, so now our eastern friends can start logging!
You can now add Leaves/Dodges to your logs!
Many bugfixes and more
Here is the full changelog for you:
- NEW: Users can now comment on news
- NEW: Show Sign in button when users are not logged in
- NEW: Some minor design changes
- NEW: A spectacular new front page
- NEW: A list of public logs. You can choose not to appear on that list, even if your log is public. Privacy, fuck yes.
- NEW: Added our eastern friends to the region list. Welcome aboard!
- NEW: Staff member comments on news get a green name.
- NEW: Adds pagination to comments for better overview
- NEW: Added some icons to categories (thanks to http://glyphicons.com/)
- NEW: Added possibility to resend activation email
- NEW: Now showing your username next to the logout button. This currently links to your logs, will change in the future
- NEW: A log entry can have three outcomes: Win/Loss/Leave or Dodge
- NEW: Logs now display their information on the detail page (elo/games played/wlratio)
- NEW: Implemented an easy way to lock down the site (for updates etc.)
- NEW: Implemented method to see if a user is currently logged in
- NEW: Added some sanity checks to log forms
- CHG: Logs now have more vivid colors to show outcome of a game
- FIX: Games are now sorted by date descending, meaning the newest game is on top
- FIX: Fixed unicode characters breaking the export of csv files
- FIX: Fixed Wukongs and Kog'Maws pictures
- FIX: Sign out button was showing even when users were logged out
- FIX: Clear comment text box when comment was sent (hopefully removes those double posts ;))
- FIX: Added some left out headers to some account management forms
- FIX: Can't export empty logs anylonger
- FIX: Many small bugfixes
Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Development in progress May 31, 2012, 1:44 p.m. - Tyrant
Hello EloLog users!
I just wanted to inform you that development on EloLog is running on full speed! I joined forces with some other developers to bring you some exciting new features.
Starting now, you can comment on this news, tell us what you think!
Thank you all for your amazing feedback and nice words, I hope you can profit from using EloLog.
Minor fixes May 30, 2012, 3:59 a.m. - Tyrant
Implemented some minor fixes plus this awesome news page!
- NEW: A news page to keep you updated on updates (X to the z)
- FIX: Graph now starts at initial Elo
- FIX: Fixed Ryze' image
- FIX: Show error message when login data is wrong
- FIX: Fixed an error on the password reset complete page
- FIX: Replaced wrong writing of "ELO" with correct one ("Elo")
- FIX: Crash when Summoner Name contains unicode characters and the log is public (crash on hash generation)
Gotta go sleep now though, it's late over here.